Saturday, February 20, 2010

Tardy for the Party

So last night I was watching the Olympics when Essie Mint Candy Apple arrived at my door (from a swap)! I felt compelled to try it out, so I applied it on the couch in the dark (so please excuse the application). I know I'm a little tardy for the party on this one - it's from Essie's Winter Collection and was a huge hit last season! I just saw it as more of a spring colour and didn't really think about it much until I started to think spring pastels...

This is my first-ever mint green, and probably my last - this just doesn't seem very 'me'. I do love the Mid-Century Modern vibe that this colour is giving - its a blue mint-green, but on my nails....ehhh.....




As far as application goes, I was seriously impressed!! Usually these pastels are a pill to apply and I've heard a lot of people complain about the formula, but I had no problems (especially seeing as I applied it on my couch, in the dark, balancing my hand on my knee with the bottle clamped in between my splayed fingers....). It had good coverage in one coat, flowed nicely but didn't come even close to cuticle-flooding. In two it was perfect and even. I think I like it better in the bottle than on me - it dried more than a smidge darker on my nail than in the bottle.

On another note - I think Essie bottles are just so cute! I'm great at whittling down the OPIs and other brands in my collection, but I have a hard time getting rid of Essie's - they just fit so nicely together in their little bin...how can I take them away from their brothers and sisters?!

See, look! Adorable:


Mint Candy Apple (R) is posing with Put a Ripka Ring On It (M) and St. Lucia Lilac (L).


What do you guys think of this colour? Have you hopped on the mint-green bandwagon yet?

kittytokaren