Monday, February 8, 2010

China Glaze Up & Away, Part I of II

I feel like I've been waiting forever for this set but I have to say... kinda disappointed. I don't know why. I think it's partially because I've already gotten bored of what feels like the endless barrage of spring pastels. And partially because I'm pissed at the eBay seller, who not only mailed a bit late, but was actually from a different location than was stated in the auction. (Part of the reason I bought from that seller was because they said they were two towns over... and not, like, at the other end of this rather big state.)

Starting from one that I've already posted...

China Glaze Lemon Fizz and Orly Lemonade (from L to R: Orly, ChG, Orly, ChG)
As stated in my Orly Sweet review, these two colors are pretty much dupes, color-wise. In terms of application, the China Glaze is much better (streaky at two coats, smooth and gorgeous at three). I love this color: a bright but soft springy yellow.

China Glaze Something Sweet
Something Sweet is a darling carnation pink that just starts to lean a bit lavender. It's actually pretty stark against my skin. Application was so-so: streaky at two coats, needed a third to smooth it out. (This is darker than Essie Neo-Whimsical, though not by that much.)

China Glaze Light As Air
Another pretty stark color for my skin but I absolutely love this dusty pastel lavender shade. This one was a breeze to apply: two coat perfection. (It's lighter and pinker -- a bit more mauve -- than Essie Lilacism.)

China Glaze High Hopes
The photo doesn't make it as neon as it actually is. It's actually a very bright, saturated coral-y orange. Super easy application (two coats) but I wish I liked the color better. Then again, this sort of color rarely looks good on me.

China Glaze Heli-Yum
I love the name of this one. Unfortunately, not a fan of the color when it's against my skin and the application was strangely difficult: very thick and goopy on me. Still, it evened out in two coats and the color, a bright creamy magenta, was beautiful.

China Glaze Refreshmint

Eep! Eep! Minty green! Minty green! I LOVED this polish. It applied PERFECTLY: two coats, smooth glossy gorgeousness.

So that was just half of the Up & Away collection. I'll be posting the second half in a few days. :)