Monday, February 8, 2010

(almost) Naked Nails!

My nails are getting to be that length where they start to get in the way of labwork and even more importantly - typing at 100wpm on my phone. Now no one in the polish world would call them long - they would probably be referred to as 'shorties', but I usually keep them a tad more nubbin-ish. I took off my polish (RBL Dead Calm was still going strong people...) with the intention of lopping off my nails, putting on a colour, and calling it a day. But when I removed my polish I felt a pang of remorse - they actually looked sort of even and, dare I say it - they looked kind of pretty naked! So I decided that I would enjoy them for a day or two more (as long as I can stand it!) in their naked glory. Now, I would feel indecent leaving the house without polish - as one might without clothes, so I put on a couple coats of OPI Coney Island Cotton Candy. It's like a good pair of Spanx - it smoothes everything out and helps you feel not too terribly naked and exposed. Please forgive my nudity:




Now I acknowledge that this would probably have looked better had I done a white French tip. Sorry, but I was just too lazy. This is only going to stay on for about a day anyways because I can already feel the length irritating me!!

I also wanted to share that this is an old, very well-loved bottle of OPI Coney Island Cotton Candy. You can tell by the picture that I'm almost halfway done with my bottle! It is a lovely sheer slightly peachy nude that is blissfully streak-free. I've seen newer bottles that look more pink. Mine is distinctly nude. If I want a pinker sheer I usually go for Essie Mademoiselle.




The only thing I don't really like about this polish is the old-school OPI brush. I know not everyone is a fan of the new OPI ProWide brush (I'm looking at you flinty!), but I definitely am. It is the perfect shape to fit the bottom of my nail and the thickness of it really works for me. I got my hands on some extra ProWide brushes and caps and re-fit my beloved Coney Island with a ProWide. Result - love it even more! Applies like a total dream!

Even though prancing around naked is kind of fun, I will probably be chopping these babies off soon and putting on something much less revealing! Maybe a red or pink to celebrate Valentine's. I might not be able to see the hubs for V-Day so maybe I'll wear something dark to indicate that I'm in mourning. But sexy mourning.

How long is too long for you? Do you ever rock the sheers?

kittytokaren