Tuesday, October 13, 2009

OPI You Don't Know Jacques!

OPI You Don't Know Jacques!
Swatched this awhile ago. This feels like such an autumnal color. I thought it'd look kind of dead at first but... not at all! I enjoy this one so much. It's such a hard color to describe, which I suppose it's part of what keeps me interested in it. :D

I am just dead exhausted today. I haven't gone to bed before 2am for the last few days, since I've been staying up and doing homework and grading. I am almost grateful for my psycholinguistics homework though: it's basic (and very boring) but it made me do some statistical analyses that I haven't used for awhile. My recent research relied on chi-square tests so I had been harboring this weird inferiority complex about not actually knowing how to do other ridiculously basic analyses like ANOVA. (On a bad day, I'm convinced that I don't understand t-tests.) But after looking through the data and playing around with the formatting in SPSS (stats software), it was very clear what I had to do and what it meant. So... whew! Maybe I do deserve that bachelor's and master's degree after all. ;)

Utterly massive rainstorm today (for my mediterranean-like locale). I don't miss the continuous gray skies that mar most of the East Coast... autumn, fall and spring but it's almost comforting to have rain like this for a little while.