Monday, March 22, 2010

OPI Hollywood Blonde - A Lil Glitz & Glam!

I got a package in the mail the other day that really lifted my spirits - it contained OPI Hollywood Blonde! This is a polish I've been wanting for a long time - so much so that a friend of mine even said, "You finally got it!? The long-awaited much-sought-after Hollywood Blonde?!" A very kind NB'er send her to me (shout-out: thank you so much my friend!) and I have to say - she even exceeds my expectations - it was very worth the wait! I had to wait for some sun to take a picture, because that is when this polish really comes alive:




Yeah...I barely even know what to say other than this is glitzy perfection.

OPI does these 'crystal' finish polishes like no other. It's too sparkly to be a shimmer, but isn't a glitter and doesn't feel gritty - its just mega-shimmer from about 10 polishes all jam-packed into one little bottle! OPI has done a bunch of these in different shades. (Sidebar: To name a few - Pinker: Pink Before You Leap, Princesses Rule!; Whiter: Happy Anniversary; Warmer: Cozu-melted in the Sun, Up Front & Personal, Peach A Boo.)

I've had my eye on this one because it seemed like a perfect nude shade with a small dash of pink. Personally, I think its make the super-girly crystal finish a little more updated, a little more elegant, and less like the Barbie polishes of early childhood. The shimmer is hard to describe - in some lights its multi-colored, in some lights more silver, in some lights more gold - it's just a delicious sugary bomb! I did 3 coats because I really wanted to up the glam factor. You still get VNL at 3 coats because this is a sheer polish, and that's just fine with me - that's the kind of polish it is and I'm going to let it be that.

I have a feeling that this has just become my go-to polish for when I'm in a crappy mood - I grin a little just looking at it - especially in the sun. Sometimes I need to sprinkle a little sparkle onto my life and since I'm not a holo/glitter-girl, this is definitely the way I want to go! As one of our readers would say - "it's the business".

What do you think? Have you tried any of the OPI 'crystal polishes'? Is the sparkle over-done?
Does it make me look like a 5 year-old?

kittytokaren