Saturday, March 20, 2010

Old swatch: Borghese Almondine

I generally avoid the Borghese displays at drugstores because I think they are overpriced for a drugstore polish. True, one of my favorite golds, Trevi Gold, is Borghese but still... $8? Eh. Not so much. But when I saw tons of pictures of Almondine surface, I broke down and spent that $8.

Borghese Almondine



I think this is such an interesting polish! It's an opaque nude creme with brown speckles and secret pink shimmer. (That sounds so weird.) The brown speckles in it makes me think of Haagen Dazs Vanilla Swiss Almond ice cream. With the pink shimmer, it really makes an otherwise boring color look quite nice. This was three coats and pretty easy to apply. I don't think I'm going to run out and buy more Borghese nail polish but I'm very glad I picked this one up.

Close-up of Almondine
See the pink shimmer? And the brown speckles? :)

I'm meeting Piff today! :D What do people think of pictures of Minx pedis? I know some people are super squeamish about feet.