Wednesday, October 6, 2010

OPI Simmer and Shimmer (Fall 2010, Burlesque Collection)

I was SO excited for these glitters.
I was just CHOMPING at the bit to buy (most of) Burlesque!
And now that I have them, I'm STILL excited for these glitters. I'm wearing them as NOTDs for the rest of the week. :)

Here's the first one from yesterday...

OPI Simmer and Shimmer


The photos don't look it but the silver glitter in this is burning foil bright: I mean, it's ridiculously bright even in low light. I was reading a book the other day by a dim lamp in my bedroom and the glitter reflected on the page: so cheerful! And distracting. Isn't this just the most cheerful melee of color you've ever seen? orange, gold, purple and green glitter, tossed in a base of silver and light and dark blue glitter of various sizes? The liquid base itself is clear and so this is sheer at one coat, only sort of opaque at two, but fully opaque by three. The second photo is probably the most color accurate: it's brighter than it turned out in most of my photos.

Closeup of Simmer and Shimmer
Glitters like these are WHY macro exists in cameras. I'm convinced of this. And yes, it's kind of a gritty surface.

October 5th (20m strength training); I'm really sucking at this this month.