Friday, October 8, 2010

Milani Juicy Glo

I think jelly polishes are my favorite type of polishes.  I love that they have that squishy look to them.  I don't even mind having a little bit of visible nail line when I use a jelly polish.  So when I saw Milani Juicy Glo at CVS recently, I knew I had to have it.  I immediately put it on when I got home and fell in love.  But when I realized that it was never going to DRY, I took it off in disgust and tossed it into my Helmer with a frown.

I did end up swatching it for you, though.  It's absolutely gorgeous and if I could sit around and avoid using my hands I'd wear it for more than an hour.  I used four coats and the formula was pretty nice, but after waiting an hour for it to dry and realizing it was still wet enough to slide off my nails, I knew it wouldn't end well.  I even tried layering two coats over silver and it wouldn't dry that way, either.


It's even more gorgeous in the sun.


I decided that I wanted to see what it looked like with some flakies and glitters on top so I dug through my Helmer drawers for some fun things to put on top.  Here are the polishes I chose:


I applied one coat of each (except for two coats of the Cover Girl) in the same order as above, from pinkie to index finger.  By the way, I ordered Pink Chloe from Cherry Culture, the Cover Girl is super old and I bought it about seven years ago, the Nfu-Oh came from FabulouStreet.com and I got UFO at Walgreens.


I love how these look in the shade.


Anyway, I hope you enjoyed!  Oh, and if you could recommend a relatively easy to find orange jelly polish for me, that would be great.  I love this look, but since it won't dry it's not going to work.