Friday, October 15, 2010

NARS Mash and Zulu

NARS Zulu

What can I say? It's legendary. This is where my attitude as a collector overrides being a consumer of nail polish. It's pretty -- super dark green jelly -- but I don't really like my greens that dark. It looks black in some lights and in other lights... one realizes that it's not as streak-free as one would hope at two coats. (Also, I seem to have bubbling with this. Probably because I did my mani in front of a fan. It was 90F! I needed the fan.) Still, very grateful to NARS for re-releasing this classic. Way to go, I hope you guys made a mint out of this. Thanks for listening to the fans!

NARS Mash

This one is a polish I can really get behind. I love mossy, swampy greens. SO good. Two coats, but some people might need three. This one was totally worth the money, though I think I might have a decent dupe of this somewhere in my collex.

This reminds me: I found a person from my really-real life who loves nail polish! I mean, one that I didn't influence. And one that I knew before blogging and Nail Board. In fact, we haven't seen or talked in about twelve or thirteen years. We were in the same circle of friends in middle school but then she went to a different high school and we lost touch. But somehow, we reconnected via Facebook and I noticed a week ago that she was updating her status with her NOTD. NARS Midnight Express, Chanel Khaki... and I was like, "OMG, she's wearing blue, she's wearing green... is she an NBer?!"

Turns out, she is not an NBer. But she HAS been to this blog. How weird is that? She just randomly found this blog. A middle school classmate simply stumbled onto here without knowing that she knew me. Gosh, the great wide internet is quite small.

October 14th (60m cardio + strength)