Sunday, October 24, 2010

Essie Demure Vixen and Pretty Edgy

I think Adrienne posted a photo of Pretty Edgy and Demure Vixen from this Essie collection months ago but I have this in my "to post" folder and so... I am posting it. Gosh, the beginning of spring seemed like such a short while ago...

Essie Pretty Edgy
I wish I had had more light for this; I remember it being brighter in person. I wore this for three days because my SO just adored this polish. He actually commented on it several times a day. Such a rich, vibrant, eye-catching green creme! I think I put on two coats but it needed three. This photo was taken on the third day of wear; as you can see, no big chips, nearly no tipwear with Gelous bc and Diamont tc. (I've had great luck with this bc/tc combo for B3F polishes. It's not super shiny after the first day but it lasts and lasts...)

Essie Demure Vixen
It's a very aptly named polish, I think. It's a dusty rose (the sort of color that seems old-ladyish and dull) but then it has this brilliant magenta/purple shimmer that shows up beautifully in the sun. I only wore it with two coats here since I kind of liked having it be semi-sheer. Not my style but I think it's a good alternative to a conservative look.