Thursday, October 14, 2010

An Avocado Green Comparison

Time for another comparison!  The other day was partly cloudy (yet still as hot as a furnace outside!) so I did a few comparisons.  They are good for partly cloudy days since I can go inside and type up my thoughts while I'm waiting for the sun to come back out for my sunny picture.  You should see me.  I jump up in the middle of typing to run outside and catch the sun.  It's pure comedy, especially if I forget to put on my shoes and I have to hop around on one foot trying not to burn my soles.  And if one of the cats accidentally gets outside?  Knee-slappin' fun.

I don't have a lot of avocado greens, but I compared all three of them for you.  Here's the cast of characters.


 I applied three coats of each, in the same order as above, from left to right.  I took this picture in the sun.


I took this picture in the shade.


And I took this picture with the flash.


The Nubar is the lightest of these three.  It's also got the least amount of yellow in it.  The formula is fantastic and if I'd been more careful, I could have gotten away with only two coats.  It's the most pigmented of these three polishes.

The OPI and the Nina are pretty darn close.  The OPI is slightly darker than the Nina, but I think they are so close that you wouldn't need both.  The formula on these two is very similar as well.  Both polishes are a bit streaky and watery, but look great with three coats.

I hope you enjoyed!  :o)