Saturday, August 7, 2010

Proof that I have the weirdest skin tone ever: OPI Swiss redux

A few days ago I went to a super secret awesome nail supply place with my new friend glitzbeary (*waves*), and got to see all the OPI Swiss polishes in person. Even though I thought I'd tried all of the colours I'd be into, Just A Little Rösti At This really called to me! It looked very different in the store lighting than the swatches online, and I figured for such a great price, I might as well try it out!

The CLAW:

I got the impression from other people's swatches that this was more of a brick red, with maybe a tiny hint of purple. Like every polish ever made, it pulls way more purple on me, and the result is a lovely plummy-berry hue that also looks darker on me than I was expecting. It reminds me of a non-dusty version of Essie Angora Cardi, perhaps. On me its quite vampy, but not so dark that it ever looks black. Maybe not unique, but lovely and great for fall.

I think that this proves that I just have bizarrely coloured nailbeds or a weird skin tone or something. But in this case, its a good thing, because I really love this polish!

Have you ever unexpectedly fallen in love with a colour you thought you'd hate?

kittytokaren