Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My New Fav French Tip Colour: Essie Marshmallow

I only do a French manicure (well, American manicure, to be accurate) every once in a while. I've been using Essie Waltz as my white tip colour for a long time, but I've always wanted to try Marshmallow since that's what everyone else seems to use! And I think they were on to something...

This is 2 coats of Essie Marshmallow on the tips with 2 coats of Essie Vanity Fairest on top:


The same mani a few days later, when I added Essie Big Dipper on top. It adds a haze of fairy dust-type sparkle to the finish:


I definitely prefer Essie Marshmallow to Waltz. It's more opaque, so it only requires two thin swipes of polish on the tips - making them less thick - therefore less prone to chipping and looking silly. Even though its more opaque, it still possesses that more natural translucent quality, rather than a chalky white that belongs with a classic French.

Oh and if you're curious, I did the tips freehand. Believe it or not, my right hand (I'm right-handed) actually looks better. I think its because I'm more conscious and careful when painting with my non-dominant hand. Even though I don't do this kind of mani often, I really like it. I actually think it looks pretty cute! I know a lot of you are bored by this style, so I'll try not to post them too often! :P

What are your fav French/American mani ingredients?

kittytokaren