Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Step Ahead of the Trend?: $OPI Havana Dreams

Let's face it - Chanel has been setting nail trends for several years now. I feel like there is even a special kind of regret in missing out on a Chanel limited edition polish - a regret that people are really cashing in on on eBay ($300 for Jade? No thank you!).

So this is my attempt to stay one step ahead of the trend! Sephora by OPI ($OPI) Havana Dreams:


A step ahead of this future trend?:


Chanel showcased a creamy powder blue polish with their breezy, beachy fashions at their Cruise Collection for 2011. No word on when this is going to be released, but I know that when it comes out, I'm going to *want* it. Sephora by OPI released Havana Dreams - which looks to be a similar light blue to the mystery Chanel.

The formula was rather runny so it required 3 coats, but wasn't chalky at all. As with my other $OPIs, I think application will improve greatly with the addition of an OPI ProWide brush, like I did with Metro Chic here. I'm not sure about it on me - I know it's pastel, but it is so out of my comfort zone I have a hard time gauging whether or not I can pull it off.

So what do you think - trendy triumph or baby blue blunder? Is it worthy of a ProWide or should I throw it back into the swap pool?

kittytokaren