Sunday, July 25, 2010

Scherer Chameleon Blue Sky (and then layered with glitter!)

This is a brand I always pick up in the drugstore and almost always pass up. Should have passed up this one...

Scherer Chameleon Blue Sky


Hot. Sticky. Gloopy. Uneven. Splotchy. Streaky. MESS. This polish was NOT worth it. It does have a nice blue-green-purple duochrome effect with a shiny metallic finish, I will give it that much. But man, does it apply badly. I felt like I was painting my fingernails with pretty Elmer's Glue. Four coats to even it out and then you still saw a bit of brushstrokiness and it clung to every damn ridge on every damn nail. Topcoat helped a tiny bit. Maybe it didn't like Gelous basecoat?

I felt better after I added some glitter from one of those bear-shaped polishes. No idea what company makes those...


I think it's cute that you can see the bear's nose in this picture, sort of it. It probably looks like a wrinkled bit of glass to you all since the bear shape isn't as obvious in this photo. This bear contained blue, purple and silver glitter.