Thursday, July 8, 2010

Essie Starry Starry Night!

When I found Essie Starry Starry Night last month (for $5!! at a nice salon), my pinky nail was seriously messed up. I couldn't wait to wear it but since I wasn't lacquering the the pinky nail, I could only take three-fingered pics. Much like a three-toed sloth. Aren't they cute? (The sloths, not my three-fingered pics.)


I think they're cute anyhow. Look at those claws. They'd be fun to paint. Anyway...

Essie Starry Starry Night


'Scuse the tipwear. These photos were taken on the second or third day. I've heard some complaints of the sheerness of this polish but that's the only way a jelly polish with glitter is going to look really good: you have to have at least three coats to get a sense of depth with the glitter. At any rate, I thought it had pretty good coverage for three coats with a decent drying time so no complaints from me on this. No complaints from me at all. There have been many similar polishes and heaven knows it's pretty easy to franken a dark blue jelly with fine silver glitter. But I'm just so happy to have had the luck to find this mythical polish... and for such a cheap price too.