Monday, June 14, 2010

Two Dior NOTDs: Sweet Orange and Lemon Balm

Dior polishes are my weakness. I try to get them cheaper but if I can't, I'm perfectly willing to shell out the $20+ for them.

Dior Lemon Balm
This one was just INCREDIBLE luck. I couldn't find it ANYWHERE and then all of a sudden, it shows up on eBay for less than $20 shipped. The first thing I think is that it must be a scam, it's too good a deal but just in case it wasn't... I ordered it. It came and it looks like the real deal! And even if it isn't, it's a great polish. I couldn't capture the subtle multichromicity (not a word) of this polish. In some lights, it looks like a dusty brown infused with bronze shimmer. In other lights, it's a dusty dark purple with gold shimmer. It's a very elegant polish and applies with characteristic ease: thick, pigmented polish that's very easy to control. Two coats.

Dior Sweet Orange

Another eBay deal. I think this was $15? This one was a bit more of a pain to apply. See the dent in the polish? That's because it took longer to dry than expected. I'm very spoiled when it comes to Dior polishes so I was surprised when it hadn't dried by the time I finish applying topcoat. Also, I find some of the lighter Dior colors tend to be a bit on the sheer side. This was four coats, possibly five. I don't like many corals on me but this one I really enjoyed.