Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lemming Fulfilled! - Chanel Kaleidoscope

Since Dior Gold Nugget didn't turn out to be the prize I thought it was going to be, I decided that I needed to get something I really loved as my present to myself for passing qualifying exams. I want to be able to have a polish that reminds me that I overcame this giant obstacle and that I can push through this whole PhD experience! If you've read my posts, you know that Chanel Kaleidoscope has always been a big lemming of mine. Since I splashed out and went crazy with Gold Nugget, and still haven't found it a new home, I wanted to go a little more conservative for my next 'big spend'. I got lucky and scored Kaleidoscope on the bay of all things evil for what would have amounted to MSRP + tax!!

And this one didn't disappoint...

In the shade:


In the sunlight:

Gorgeous eh? And this is after several days of wear...

I hit the jackpot on this one. The only word I can use to describe this is just "special". On me it tends to pull quite silver/pewter, but it does gleam burnished gold and even green in certain lights - not being a straight, heavy, silver gives it a lot of dimension and depth - plus I think it goes better with my skin tone that way! Kaleidoscope has the potential to be very brushstroke-prone, but what saves it from this horrible fate is the amount of superfine shimmer absolutely loaded into the polish. In the shade it looks like a surprisingly smooth metallic, but in the sun the shimmer just explodes - much more than anyone has been able to capture on camera that I've seen.

This polish just needs to be seen to be believed! I should have gone with Kaleidoscope the first time when picking out my reward - but I'm glad I got it right on round 2. I'm going to pull this out when things get tough and I feel like I can't go on - it will remind me that I can!

If you were to splurge on one polish right now, what would it be?? What would you love to own in your wildest dreams?

kittytokaren