Saturday, June 26, 2010

No Regrets: Chanel Nouvelle Vague

I went to my grandfather's funeral earlier this week (I sported Essie Demure Vixen btw...), which as you can imagine wasn't the most uplifting occasion, so I really needed something bright with some punch for today - and Chanel Nouvelle Vague was waiting! I had passed this one by many times, and told myself I didn't need it - but then I realized that of all the China Glazes I used to have (and gave up, because no matter what they chip terribly on me), the one I missed most was For Audrey. This is a veritable dupe for FA, and Chanel wears beautifully on me.

My grandfather was someone who lived with no regrets - ever. I got my hands on this polish to alleviate the regret I was feeling - that special kind of Chanel regret - so in a way, this is a bit of an homage to him. To make it even more fitting, he loved Chanel!

For you Opa, Chanel Nouvelle Vague:


See how different it can look in different lights?


Not all that much to say about this one that hasn't already been said - it's wonderful. I find the colour uplifting and calming all at the same time. It's a lot brighter than I usually go, but since its about 100ºF outside, I think if there's any time to go bright - it's now! Oh and I'm rocking Essie Carousel Coral on my toesies, and I think the combo is pretty great! :)

I'm thrilled and relieved I got this - and I think I will enjoy it for years! No regrets whatsoever. :)

Do you regret not picking up a certain polish?

kittytokaren