Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Quest for Coral: Part 2

Alright ladies, here we go! Three corals that I think are the best I've found so far!



OPI Chapel of Love (black label) Revisited:

I've gone back-and-forth on this polish so many times it's hard to count. I've gotten it, swapped it away, swapped again to get it back, etc. This is the last time and I'm keeping it!! (But I'm still undecided about how it looks on my tips! Toes - excellent.) What makes this polish so beautiful is the fine gold shimmer in it - it really warms the colour up and causes it to look quite pink in some lights - almost bubblegum - then very coral in others. The formula on this was...not ideal. If you look closely, you can see that I still have VNL - after 3 coats! Not really liking that aspect.

Essie Carousel Coral:

I really like this one - it's more intense than Chapel of Love, but I think I might still be able to pull it off. I really like that its a creme and doesn't have shimmer - coverage was also really great! I think this might be my favourite one on me...which surprises me. I want to do a full mani with this!

Zoya Cassi:

This is lighter and more subdued than Chapel of Love, with a slightly more orange tint. It also has champagne shimmer instead of gold, which softens the polish and gives it more of a cool cast - which is probably more flattering for my skin. I think this is a winner.


Conclusions? I like all three of these, but I'm still not that comfortable wearing corals! Maybe I'm not a 'coral person'? I typically don't wear such bright colours... I've learned along the way that pink-toned corals suit my skin better than orange or red-toned corals, so I feel like all of these three flatter my skin tone pretty decently. I don't know what my problem is...I need the input and critical eye of the PoP readers to help me out here!

What do you think? Are any of these 'my' coral??

kittytokaren