Sunday, June 20, 2010

StrangeBeautiful Volume 4 the 1 coaters

I am a weak SOB and I bought StrangeBeautiful's latest volume. Full price.

Thankfully I was rewarded with an improved formula and great, though a little less strange than expected, color selection.

I thought SB's latest effort was especially impressive because there were so many 1 coaters (unlike the past 3 volumes where there was 1 or maybe 2). I also thought that dry time was much improved.

I've worn every one of these as a NOTD; the staying power is pretty good. The only draw back is that I find the polishes don't level as well as I would like. But all in all I'm happy.

As usual, I'm breaking this up into 2 posts. In this one I feature the 1 coaters.

Blue

(1 coat)

This is a very true blue in person. I find that on my mac (firefox) there is the slightest, slightest hint of green. That is absolutely not the case in person.

Teal

(1 coat)

Slightly dusty, this teal leans green (in photos and in person - heh).

Orange

(1 coat)

I did not enjoy how this one looked on me. I quickly konaded it with white houndstooth. I wore it 3 days in a row with no chipping.

Pink

(1 coat)

This one ended up reddening a touch once it dried, which made it quite a bit more boring.