Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Soo Nails Foils

I was reorganizing my helmer for the millionth time when I realized I had a surprising number of these metallic-y foils (they're sort of an in between, they're textured like a foil, but not as glittery - they remind me of those yummy chocolate eggs).

Soo Nails is a random brand I've found in a few beauty shops around NYC. I've seen them pump out a couple near dupes (I don't own either to be 100% sure but I swear they have RBL Mismas and ONS near-dupes), I've also found an exact dupe of Zoya Miley. The labels this brand uses are faded and cheap, the names are unreadable on most of my bottles. So I'll just describe them by bottle color.

These are all photos of NOTDs (not swatches).

Turquoise


(2 coats)

Gold


I used the gold Soo in water marble posted a few weeks ago.


Pink

(2 coats)

I think this one might be my favorite.

Blue







(2 coats with a holo top coat)

2 problems, (1) there was no good lighting when I took these pictures, so I made up for it by taking a million photos (sorry!) and (2) there's a holo topcoat on it. So it's not accurate really. Oh well...

Magenta



(1 coat)

This one has the best coverage but I like it the least on me.

(You may have noticed that I'm posting more infrequently. That's because this job is killing me. Literally. In order to keep their lawyers from staging a revolt the firm stuffs us full of free food. They're trying to keep us fat and happy. We're like lethargic cattle. Further, I don't get out as much as I used to. I can feel myself liquefying. Oh well. I knew what I was getting into when I signed up and I'm generally happy more often than I am upset, so that's a win. I like what I do, except for something very evil called "Diligence." Also, I'm in love with this senior associate in my office and I suppose that makes daily life interesting. All in all I suppose I musn't complain. Plus the nail polish expenditures don't hurt nearly as much as they used to.)