Monday, September 27, 2010

Layering Love with China Glaze Frostbite

You might want to ask yourself if you are prepared... prepared for a LAYERING EXTRAVAGANZA, that is!

May I please present to you, China Glaze Frostbite (my fave) with a TON of layering hits (and a few misses) -


... aaaaaand, the corresponding bottles!

From left to right, thumb to pinky on my left hand:
*Confetti Tiara (which I think looks dang close to CND Effect Sugar Sparkle, am I right?)
*OPI Catch Me In Your Net
*China Glaze Emerald Sparkle (I know there are two of these and I think I have the crap one)
*China Glaze Medallion with China Glaze Solar Flare (not shown) on top
*Sinful Colors Pink Diamond (ummmm... not pink, btw)

and, the right hand!

Bottle Shot:
Left to right, thumb to pinky:

*Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Lagoon

*Touch Up Paint in Amethyst

*China Glaze in Atlantis

*China Glaze in Medallion with China Glaze Solar Flare (not shown) on top

*Scherer Chameleon in Blue Sky



I love the idea of layering polishes that don't look as if they should be layered - know what I mean? Because of that, I think that these in the photo above were some of my favorites - L to R, Catch Me in Your Net, Emerald Sparkle and the gold glitter combo. They were seriously striking, I wish you could have seen them in person. The first two had such a depth to them, it was lovely! Atlantis was also fairly shocking; it lost all of the turquoisey loveliness but the glitter was fantastic.

As for that Scherer Chameleon in Blue Sky... UGH. UGH. UGH.

What do you guys think? Favorites? Also, do you like this layering madness?

Happy day, all!