Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Revlon Galaxy Top Coat

I love a good drug store polish, but Revlon scares me.



Why, you might ask? Because it reminds me of my pre-quick-dry-top-coat-and-nasty-color-choice days, that's why! The days when you thought a pearlized light gold that dried in an hour was EDGY. Oh yes, those days.

*shiver*

Anyway, when I heard about these new glittery top coats, I just had to hunt them down. I came away with the silver one (whose name escapes me) and this one, Galaxy. Galaxy is a clear top coat that is packed with black, blue and silvery small glitter as well as silver hex glitter that is a little larger. Shown above is Galaxy layered gradient-style over China Glaze Awaken, a perfect complimentary polish for this top coat if I do say so myself. The good news is that it's a lovely topcoat that does add a little interestingly-colored sparkle; the bad news is that it took THREE coats just to get this opacity, which is not very much.

On the upside, it's surprisingly smooth - after one thick coat of SV, there's hardly any gritty texture at all.

What do you guys think of these top coats? Any takers?

Happy day, all!