Sunday, February 27, 2011

China Glaze Lighthouse and White Cap (Anchors Away, Spring 2011)

One "ewww" and one "ohhhh"...

China Glaze Lighthouse
This one is the "ewww". I want so badly to find a medium yellow shimmer that I actually like. They all look horrible on me and the application on this one was not at all fun. The above is three coats (with super obvious VNL) and I didn't dare do a fourth coat because the formula was thick and hard to manage. This is on the second day of wear and I already had a few chips. :(

China Glaze White Cap

It's like fairy dust! Yes, it's sheer. It's very sheer. This is four coats but the formula was very smooth and easy to use. I don't really know how to describe this color: technically, it's white? But it's white shimmer shot through and through with this opalescent glass-fleck-like shimmer. It's seems like it's almost equal parts opalescent shimmer and white shimmer. It's just so ethereal and pretty.

Close-up of White Cap


(These polishes were sent to me by China Glaze.)