Wednesday, May 19, 2010

STRANGEBEAUTIFUL Volume 1, Part I of II

I know Piff's already posted these awhile ago but I swatched them and it seemed a waste not to post them, especially since I really liked these particular polishes. I still think the STRANGEBEAUTIFUL brushes are a little long (which then retains too much polish and makes a mess out of application) but the actual formula on these were very nice.

STRANGEBEAUTIFUL Vol 1 deep chocolate brown
Two coats, very glossy dark brown creme. Two coats, perfect application and I love the color. I think it's so dignified.

STRANGEBEAUTIFUL Vol 1 army green
A smidge darker than RBL No More War, which looked kind of sickly on me. I had better application with this one than with the RBL (dunno why but the mani I did with it was pretty miserable, which is why I haven't posted it yet). I adore this shade of green. Another two-coater.

STRANGEBEAUTIFUL Vol 1 pumpkin orange
Three-coater, a little sheer and thick. I think this is a great orange for my skin -- a lot of oranges and corals make my skin look dirty -- so I'm happy to overlook the minor application problems I had with it.

STRANGEBEAUTIFUL Vol 1 pink
Another three-coater, again, a bit thick and sheer. A pretty glossy purple-leaning pink. It's sort of a "meh" color, in my opinion. Pretty but "meh".

Looking at these photos, now I really want to hurry up and swatch the rest. I really am enjoying this SB volume much more than I did the last one I swatched.