Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Damone Roberts, Orly Secret Admirer, & Diamond Cosmetics Hi Ho Silver


(2 coats)

I like this mint green. It's certainly my favorite of the few I have (Essie's Mint Candy Apple, Claire's Dream Catcher, BB Couture's Laguna Lagoon). There's isn't a hint of blue in it (which is my preference) and the application is OK. Although, it got a little bit glue-y on the second coat. Still, after applying and slapping on a healthy coat of TC I was good to go.

Warm-toned girls, this mint is for you.


(Bottom 2 fingers = 2 coats)

I picked up another Orly milky sheer. I am so happy with Orly right now. YES the color is gross when it is sheer but the soft orange works on me when I build it. Further, look at the 2 coats. Look at how not horribly streaky it is! It IS possible to have a milky sheer that doesn't look like garbage at less than 4 coats. At this point, as far as I'm concerned, anybody that charges more than Orly but can't achieve this level on non-streakiness for a milky sheer is just ripping me off.


(2 coats)

I swatched this once and threw it in my swap pile. Crazy crazy silly silly me. I pulled it back out and reswatched. It's REALLY brushstrokey but what a great color!