Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Congrats to M&O: OPI DS Diamond


My best friend is getting married on Friday!!! We (the bridesmaids) have to drive up today to be there in time for the tree planting ceremony tomorrow morning, and I thought an appropriate polish would be OPI DS Diamond. Unfortunately, it is super overcast and there is not a photon of natural light to be found, so you're getting a crappy indoor pic:




OPI DS Diamond is another from the Designer Series. I really like this one because its a grey-ish lavender colour with mild holo. I still find holos kind of nauseating, but this one isn't a super holo and I quite like it! Especially in overcast light, it just comes off as a gorgeous shimmer. The application on these DS polishes is just amazing as well and I think that's why I keep going back for more!

For the wedding itself, I'm going to have to remove this lovely polish and put on the "wedding polish" which is OPI Pink Before You Leap (1 coat). She initially wanted something lavender-taupe-y (awesome!) but the salon didn't have anything like that so she went for something sheer and bridal-ly. I have it on my toes right now and I'm not lovin' it, but maybe I'll like it on my fingers better? Either way I'm not going to complain - not my wedding!

What colour did you wear/are planning to wear for your wedding?? If I get the Vegas wedding I want, I'm wearing RBL Mismas, but if DBF (aka Bridezilla) gets the wedding he wants, I'll probably go with an Essie sheer.

So congratulations to M & O!!! May you have many happy years together, and may I be the fun aunt to your future children who spoils them completely rotten. :)

kittytokaren