Saturday, May 8, 2010

SpaRitual Optical Illusion NOTD (Spring/Summer 2010)

Though I have recently (well, six months ago) started buying high end polishes, I still consider $10 SpaRituals to be a bit much.

This one though? Worth. every. penny.

SpaRitual Optical Illusion


Definitely one of my favorite NOTDs of late. Who knew a swampy color could be so sparkly? Because that's what it is: a swamp monster-colored jelly with green-gold duochrome-y microflakies (really don't know what else to call 'em). It never looks like a straight up swamp monster mani because the microflakies give off a bright green shimmer at all times, which makes it look like a mossy green. But when the sun hits it, oh man, first of all, the base color is really obvious and the gold and green sparkle is so bright and lovely. It's ugly and gorgeous at the same time. (Well, I think it's gorgeous all the time because I like swamp monster-colored manis.)

Close up of Optical Illusion