Sunday, May 23, 2010

Back from the Beach: Essie Nude Beach

I got back in town from M's beach wedding yesterday and was soooo itching to change my mani. But I had too many things to do! Ack! Ideally I would have filed down my nails, done a whole mani and chosen one of the awesome new colours I have in my collection, but I just didn't have the time or patience to file those suckers down, so I went with an Essie sheer. Don't get me wrong, I love sheers, but the stipulated wedding colour - one coat of OPI Pink Before You Leap, just wasn't doing it for me.

This is Essie Nude Beach:




Nude Beach is quite sheer, so in the above pic I've layered one coat of Nude Beach over two coats of Essie Mademoiselle just to camouflage the ick that is my nails currently. At least they aren't stained?

It's stormy here and there is no decent lighting, so this polish isn't being shown off to her best advantage, but you see that shine on my nails?? That's actually *green*! You can see it better in the bottle pic. Cool huh? It's very obvious in person - I don't know why its not registering on camera! It makes my nails look opalescent and I really like watching them sparkle green while I type.

I might do a full mani today, complete with filing down my talons (I know, I know, but this is long for me!) and change colours, but for right now, I'm contented with this! I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend! I feel like a need a weeks vacation to recover from all the hoopla.

What's your weekend mani??

kittytokaren

P.S. My current pedi is OPI My Chihuahua Bites! I cannot tell you how much I love this!! I know no one wants to see my gross feet but trust me - its the perfect combo of red, pink and orange. :)