Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Christian Dior Gold Nugget + Sale Reminder

As a present to myself for passing quals, I decided to get a polish I was really really really lemming. I'd be ogling Dior Gold Nugget on Piff for quite some time now and decided that this was basically the only occasion where I'd allow myself to go for it!

It's here and you know what....I'm not sure. :(

Here is Dior Gold Nugget in the pseudo-sun:


And in the shade/dark:



Gold Nugget is definitely what I would call an 'antique gold'. It looks burnished, but not warm. To me it kind of looks like how champagne tastes (I'm officially losing it...) even though I love champagne but I'm just not sure of this on me. It definitely isn't that 'boom in your face!' sparkly metallic like OPI DS Glow - there is something really classy about this one. I've been really in love with metallics this season, but with OPI Dazzled by Gold on its way to me, I'm wondering if this was really worth the splurge.

I think one thing that is making me waver is that I expected awesome application with this one...and didn't get it. I've heard tons of people rave about the Dior formula and to me it was kinda thick (even though my bottle was brand new) and had a ton of cuticle drag. I am also having a bit of shrinkage (see my ring finger in the sun pic??) which is annoying.

I need to make a decision on whether or not to keep this guy! I think as I wear this throughout the day I'll figure out how I feel...but I'd appreciate some outside input!

So please please please tell me what you think...this puppy might just end up in my SALE. ;)

kittytokaren