Monday, January 4, 2010

StrangeBeautiful Volume 1 - Hots

This is a continuation of a two-part post on Volume 1 of StrangeBeautiful.

HOTS

Orange

(2 coats)

Love this one. Very even formula. Quite flattering pumpkin orange. I think it's cute. I'm also grateful to add to my pathetic collection of oranges.


Green

(2 coats)

Lol OK I know. The teal (from Colds) is more green than this one. But what can I do.

You can't tell in the photo but in person, this one dries a lot darker than the bottle. It has the best dry time IMO and is quite glossy.

This is a super edgy color that I think is totally work appropriate for women of color. It might be a little more unorthodox on lighter-skinned folk. But I think it is quite sensible on my brown skin.

Flint did a CP for me during the RBL sale and I'm waiting to see how this one compares to No More War. Can't wait for that delivery!

This one is my fav of the Hots.

Brown

(2 coats)

A red based brown. Worst formula of the collection. Quite uneven with just 2 coats. 3 would probably solve the problem.

Red

(2 coats)

This one was so bright it freaked my camera AND my firefox out. I have no idea what it will look like on your screen. This is the only color of the bunch that is no holds barred. It isn't muted. It isn't greyed. It isn't dirty. It is RED. No apologies. The application is a dream. By far the best of the bunch.

I'm pretty much blown away by the utter perfection of this red. If I liked red more, this would win the contest of best polish in Volume 1 by a mile.