Sunday, January 31, 2010

Old NOTD: ManGlaze Matte is Murder

Out of all the matte blacks I've tried so far, I still think I like ManGlaze's best. It's not the cheapest but it is the most matte and most interesting of the bunch.

ManGlaze Matte is Murder
Ignoring the dumb dent that I made on my index finger when I decided to type before ten minutes were up, I just love this mani. Matte is Murder is the new, improved version of ManGlaze The Death Tar: it seems to be a bit darker and has more hidden shimmer in it than its predecessor. It's a perfectly matte surface, applies beautifully and, unlike a lot of mattes, is very forgiving: it dries quicker than most polishes but it doesn't dry so quickly that mucking up one stroke is going to totally ruin the finger. This was my NOTD and it held up very well, given that mattes usually are chiptastic on me immediately.

ManGlaze Matte is Murder with "David" topcoat

Here is Matte is Murder with a glossy topcoat. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get any daytime pics, otherwise, you could see the multicolored shimmer that comes out when you put a glossy topcoat on it. I actually prefer this matte. This was a real pain to remove, as are most black polishes: I had grey fingers for several hours afterwards. But that's the price you pay when you wear black!