Monday, April 19, 2010

Sugar Rush: OPI It's A Girl!

Admittedly, I have a sweet-tooth. I don't often do that much to fight it either. Have dinner or a piece of cake? If I have a sugar craving - cake wins. So it's no wonder that I couldn't resist sampling something from the new OPI SoftShades collection. I've had a craving for a sticky-sweet pink polish - one that was sheer - but more milky than Essie Mademoiselle; pink - but with less colour than OPI Sugar Cookie Pink or Heart Throb.

I don't know why I wanted this kind of colour so badly. Every time I've tried similar colours I've kind of hated it on me! (Much how I hate the stomachache cake gives me after I eat it for dinner...) But my craving won out and I snapped up this sugary sweet confection from the SoftShades Pink Collection the day it arrived at Ulta.

OPI It's A Girl!:




Consider my sweet-tooth satisfied! I actually like this on me! It's just pink enough to be noticed, but not overly pigmented. (For my ultra pale skin, I find that sheers with more colour in them just look kind of...odd.) It's also the perfect level of milkiness to cover some blemishes and applies without any streaks whatsoever! The above is two coats and I think I'd like it at three as well. (I tested it on one finger with 3 coats and it looks much more opaque.)

I thought I might regret this purchase, but I absolutely don't! No remorse here, but I think I'm going to eat a salad for dinner tonight, just to be safe.

What polishes are you craving right now?? I'm still craving Chanel Kaleidoscope and my perfect coral. (Trying to hunt down Essie Carousel Coral at the mo'!) What do you think of the pink?

kittytokaren