Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Airport Find: OPI I'm A Princess You're Not!

I was in the Indianapolis Airport recently and my flight out was delayed. Like *really* delayed. So I wandered over to the spa/salon (and by 'wandered over' I mean 'as soon as I saw it and the nail polish it contained, I tried to act casual but was secretly plotting to race over ASAP'). I made friends with the ladies at the spa - they were super nice and noticed and complimented my Jade is the New Black mani! - and browsed their NP selection. (I also ogled the NFL draft picks that were swarming the airport that day with the ladies...nice...). I ended up walking out with OPI I'm A Princess You're Not! I had been lemming OPI Pearl of Wisdom so I thought this would be a good sub. It took me forever to try it, (a lovely NB'er told me about how she was wearing it and it encouraged me!) but in the end, I think I love it more than I would have liked Pearl of Wisdom!:




Because of the iridescent nature of this polish, it is *seriously* hard to capture on camera. In indirect light, it looks like pearls melted on top of your nails, like the picture above. Trust me, its way more gorgeous than my photo shows. And then when you get it in the sun, there is an explosion of pink and teal shimmer that I attempted to capture here:




Again, looks way more awesome in person - the shimmer so is lovely and sparkly! What I especially love about this is that its not streaky at all! Most pearly polishes are so streaky that they make my hands look sweaty (does that make any sense? most likely no...) but this one is the exception. In indirect light it flashes a nude, pinky-purple, perhaps a little green? It just looks like luscious pearl nacre and I love that!

I did four coats of this beauty over one coat of Barielle Natural Nail Camouflage, but I could have stopped at three. I still have VNL, but I don't mind that at all - its the kind of VNL that isn't super revealing - it makes my whites look great instead of the hot mess they really are! I think if I had done an extra layer or two of Camo it would have been opaque, for those of you who dislike sheers...

I am really happy I picked this up on a whim at the airport. And guess what? My flight ended up being cancelled! I had to fly out the next morning instead. Now I will always think of the Indianapolis(h) Airport when I wear this! (Indianapolish!? Get it?! Wooo...it's been a long day...)

Have you ever hunted down polishes at the airport? What do you think of this one? I know lots of people aren't into the pearly look but this one certainly converted me!

kittytokaren