Saturday, April 10, 2010

NOTD: Lippmann's Waking Up in Vegas


(2 coats - taken after 2 days wear... NO signs of decay)

Sigh...taupes. A heartbreaking story of a trend I think is awesome but I can't wear at all. This one is from Lippmann's Spring 2010 collection, sent to me by the brand's PR folks.

I cannot find one that looks good on me. When I was in Bloomingdale's buying NARS Purple Rain I walked over to the Chanel counter and held up Particulière to my hand and I literally shuddered. Clash. City.

I had higher hopes for this one because it's much lighter and not quite as brown as most of the other taupes out there. I thought that would give me enough contrast. Too bad because the formula is really good. Amazing, the difference between this one and I'm Not Innocent. It's super pigmented and 2 coats was plenty. It dries a little bit darker than the bottle (which you can't tell from the photo - sorry!). It held up very well and I took it off after a couple days with no visible wear at all.