Sunday, June 5, 2011

Mainstay Neutrals - a couple Japanese OPIs

The two are from the Japenese Collection from....2005 I want to say? There is one other member of this trio - Have A Tempura Tan-Trum - that I'm not including. We had it in lab about a year ago and I tried it and it was viciously atrocious on me, so I don't own it. (It is actually *fabulous* on Piff, and I believe she will be posting it soon.)

However, the other two from this collection - Miso Happy With This Color and Let Them Eat Rice Cake - are two mainstay neutrals in my collection, so I thought I'd share them with you today in such a way that you can see the differences between the two!

Top to bottom (index to pinky): OPI Miso Happy With This Color, OPI Let Them Eat Rice Cake, OPI Miso Happy With This Color, OPI Let Them Eat Rice Cake

With no flash...

and with a flash...

Miso Happy With This Color is the more red-toned of the two pinks - and a dupe for Rescue Beauty Lounge Plie! (I loved the colour of Plie, but broke up with RBL a while ago.) It's pink, but not in an obnoxious or overly sweet way - quite subdued. It doesn't have huge amounts of white in its base like a lot of the light pinks I own either, and it really is a perfect neutral to have in your polish wardrobe.

Let Them Eat Rice Cake is the blue-toned counterpart to Miso - it is still most certainly pink, but it is lighter and more cool-toned. I loooooveeeee this one! I have a lot of neutrally pinks that are in this family, and I can't get enough!

Application on these is kind of a bummer though - probably three coats? Normally I'm fine with three coats, but they weren't the most fun coats. I'm not sure why everyone is so coocoo-for-coco-puffs over black-label OPIs - I always find the formulas thin and runny. Am I the only one? Even though the formula is not the best, it is definitely worth it to have a couple perfect go-to neutrals!

Have you tried the Japanese Collection OPIs? Thoughts?

kittytokaren