Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Simply Royal - OPI Sapphire in the Snow

My only blurple - OPI Sapphire in the Snow.

This is from one of my favourite OPI collections of all time - Holiday 2009. There is just something simply wonderful about this beautiful creme...


My thumb got really messed up (incident involving a microplane...) when I wore this manicure, but you get the idea! Gorgeous formula, interesting colour but deep and dark enough to not be too "crazy" for me.

The way this colour walks the line between blue and purple makes me think of royalty. Not that royalty would wear blurple polish, but I can see kings and queens of yore having velvet draperies and linens in this colour. Makes me want to grab a fur blanket, a chalice of wine, and go to a feast! Which sounds just like the holidays...

kittytokaren