Monday, December 6, 2010

OPI Golds! Gift of Gold vs. Dazzled by Gold vs. Bring on the Bling

What with all the ruckus over the new Ulta-exclusive OPI polishes, I thought I should show you the one that I really really wanted and was lucky enough to get - OPI Gift of Gold! Since I know people have been curious, I wanted to snap some comparison shots for you lovelies.

First of all, I think OPI brings out their best polishes for these Ulta exclusives. Dazzled by Gold is possibly the greatest gold polish of all time (see my fangirl raves here and here), and this year's offering - Gift of Gold - does not disappoint either.

HOWEVER - it is NOT a Dazzled by Gold dupe! (Disappointing, because I wrote to OPI several times asking them to re-release DbG.)



Index: OPI Bring on the Bling
Middle: OPI Gift of Gold
Ring: OPI Dazzled by Gold
Pinky: OPI Gift of Gold

Dazzled by Gold has a foil-y shimmer-y difficult-to-describe finish that glows, and that these photos fail to capture (it is dreadful and snowing here in NC - can you believe it!?). Gift of Gold is quite different in that it is a true glitter polish. It appears to have different shades of gold glitter plus a small amount of copper glitter that helps to make the polish multi-dimensional. I also feel that the glitter is finer than that of Bring on the Bling (from the Burlesque collection - which I have been really enjoying on my toes lately!), but that may just be an optical illusion. The gold colour of Bring on the Bling is much cooler-toned and less yellow than the other two polishes, and it has multi-coloured glitter in it as well.

Bottom line - is Gift of Gold similar to Dazzled by Gold??
Yes - in that it has the same yellow-gold tone.
No - in that it is a vastly different finish.

Are they both gorgeous and worth owning? For a gold fanatic like me, you bet!

Snatch this one up while you can, friends!

kittytokaren