Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Russian Substitute, Part 1 - OPI Tease-y Does It!

*sigh* Could. Not. Photograph. This.

It's gorgeous and I couldn't capture it in one (or even two) photograph(s). So how about a ton of crappy ones!? Yaaaayyy!!

With flash:

No flash/shade:

See the depth of the sparkle? Awesome. (This is probably the best/most accurate picture. Sad, I know.)

In bright light:

In the shade:

Sparkly!

See how it flashes gold sometimes?

It's hard to describe this polish. Suffice to say that it is quite special. The base is deep and smoky and rich, but not black - not purple, not anything. The not-quite-glitter-not-quite-shimmer sparkle is pink, then every once in a while it's gold.

I saw on a post on ALU here, that this was fairly close to Chanel's Feu de Russie. This really tickled me because I had always wanted to own the Paris-Moscou Collection! (In fact, I think I like this even better than Feu de Russie!)

This just shows me that good (and sometimes better) things come to those who wait! Stay tuned for another Russian Substitute...

kittytokaren