Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Glitter french: Butter London Rosie Lee



This is my first go at a french manicure using something other than freehand. Since Rosie Lee takes three coats to opacity, I felt freehanding it would be a bit ambitious, so I used masking tape. Not ideal, since it gave me straight tips, but it did the job OK. I made a few screw ups when taking off the tape so please excuse the dings, but for a first try I'm pleased! Also, the eagle eyed amongst you may spot that righty makes an appearance in a few of these pictures since I got my technique down by the second hand. Man, it's hard using a DSLR left handed!






This is base coat, one of China Glaze Diva Bride, three of Rosie Lee and topcoat. I think this is a pretty twist on a regular french and I'll be doing it again. The CG is nothing to write home about (it's just a boring my-nails-but-better colour with average ease of application) but the glitter is lovely. I currently have it on my toes and it's very sparkly, very opaque, and a slightly unusual pink in that is has a rosy, champagne quality to it in the sunlight.