Thursday, September 8, 2011

Five colours I can't wait to wear for Autumn





From thumb to pinkie: H&M Envy Me, Illamasqua Scarab, China Glaze First Class Ticket, China Glaze Ick-A-Bod-Y, OPI Ski Teal We Drop




Illamasqua Scarab doesn't look great here, but it is a beautiful polish. This is one coat. It dries without too much lustre, so looks much prettier with a top coat (which I didn't use here) - it's a beautiful browned ruby colour that really glows. Ease of application and opacity is amazing. I love this for fall.


First Class Ticket looks a bit blah in the bottle, but is gorgeous on - the purple really pops, and it's got flashes of silver microglitter. It's a dark blurple but it never looks black. A very glamorous polish.


Ick-a-bod-y is a crazy name for an excellent polish - thick orange glitter in a dark olive jelly base. With three coats the base practically disappears, but this is two over white, so you can just about make out the tone of the jelly. Very chunky so top coat is non-negotiable, but it wears like teflon and looks so spicy and yummy.


Ski teal we drop is one of my favourite teals - and I have a lot. It's dark, very glossy and very sophisticated. This is two coats.




Saving the best 'til last, on my thumb is H&M Envy Me, the perfect ivy green. Two coats to complete opacity, this practically glows. It's similar to Illamasqua Viridian, but less blue and without the duochrome. This is my favourite dark green. I even prefer it to Emerald Sparkle - praise indeed, no?