Saturday, September 3, 2011

China Glaze Metallic Muse



I'm totally late to the party on this one. I think practically everyone here has this polish. But I love it! So glad I added it to my last pre no-buy order. Chromes are my favourite finish and aqua-blue is a very frequent colour in my wardrobe, so this fits right in.




The only issue I have with chromes is that they're such a bugger to clean up - I end up with sparkly bits everywhere. There are a few ridgey bits evident in these pictures, but that's my own fault. My favourite way to apply chromes is to sandwich them with a coat of seche vite, which makes them really smooth (base, two coats polish, SV, polish, SV) and gives amazing wear time - my butter london fairy lights mani (a pink chrome) lasted 9 days with no chips. This one was more like 3 days, but then it's only two coats between lumos base and top coat (neither of which are that great, in my opinion).