Friday, April 15, 2011

My Top 5 Summer Pedi Colors of 2010

Inspired by K2K's post, I thought I would share with you my own top 5 summer pedi colors of the 2010 summer. I wore all of these at least twice last summer.

I generally get pedis year round, but some colors just feel right when it's hot out (and some feel very wrong, like my fav pedi color - NARS Midnight Express). Here's my summer-time list:

  • American Apparel Malibu Green


(2 coats)

You didn't think I was gonna subject you folks to my feet, did you?

Love this color, but holy crap, I wore it ONCE as a mani and will never do that again. Stain city! Very pigmented formula. Could have gotten away with one thick coat. AA has some incredible polishes.

  • Zoya Charisma (Sinful Dream On, Essie Perky Purple)


(2 coats)

This photo isn't even close to color accurate. I couldn't even fix it w/ photoshop. It's like my computer is telling me this color does not exist and is merely a figment of my imagination.

No matter what, you know what it looks like. You've seen Charisma or one of her cousins. It's a great "staple" neon. I love this color so much.
  • OPI Cajun Shrimp


(2 coats)

Probably my favorite pedi color period. I did a pedi with this 3 times last summer and a couple times as a mani. Considering how many polishes I have...

  • China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy


(2 coats)

I'm fairly certain it was THE pedi color of the Summer of 2010 among NP enthusiasts.

  • Milani Radiant in Purple


(2 coats)

Really any medium purple creme works in this space. It's a go-to for me.

I wonder what's in store for us this year...