Monday, November 9, 2009

Nail polish jewelry by GingerKittyDesigns on Etsy

No nail polish swatch today because I had to take a day to point everyone's attention to GingerKittyDesigns on Etsy: she makes jewelry out of nail polish! The proprietor is a totally sweet and terribly creative MUAer. I recently received several of her pieces in a swap that involved my worrying whether a medium flat rate box was going to be big enough to hold all the polishes I was sending her in exchange. OMG, one of the most worthwhile swaps in my entire swapping career. I am just KNOCKED FLAT at how beeaauuuutiful these pieces are!

I would apologize for the absolutely ginormous pictures but I had to show these in all their gorgeous sparkling glory. Click for even bigger versions. :D

Essie Starry Starry Night Earrings


Nail polish melange ring
The ring's ingredient list is a dooozy: in her words "Pure Ice Strapless, Pure Ice Cheating, SH Shooting Star, Sinful Green Ocean, CG Amethyst Mist and a secret ingredient I can't tell you about :D"

Video of the ring


Annnnd my absolute favorite piece...
Essie Starry Starry Night Pendant


I had never really lemminged Essie SSN until I saw this necklace. Dude, if the actual polish were half as beautiful as this pendant, I really would seriously consider giving eBay scalpers my money.

Video of Starry Starry Night Pendant
Just lookit the way the color changes in the light! Vibrant cobalt blue to deep dark navy and back again.

Though Tracey obviously has her own design ideas, what's super awesome is that she can take custom orders. She might not have the precise polish you're looking for (I do believe she has her stash listed in her Etsy shop) but if you ask for a certain color or combination of colors, she's is happy to whip you up a custom piece of jewelry. Anyway, check out her store! Necklaces start at $30, rings at $13 and earrings at $14.

A few more photos of the jewelry Tracey's made (used with her permission, of course):