Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lippmann's Nefertiti and Believe

I know Deb Lippmann is persona non grata in the nail polish community but I can't help myself. I love her polishes! Or rather, I love the Lippmanns I own! (I have no time for her frosts.) I have been almost uniformly happy w/ them. I'm even one of the weirdos that finds merit in Funky Chunky. I've worn it as a mani a few times and I run around begging ppl to look at my nails (most are nonplussed by my antics).

I learned a valuable polish lesson w/ my first Lippmann order: Do not let group think sway me too much. As I was putting together my order I asked ppl which polish I should get - Nefertiti or Believe. I love golds but they never look good on me. I thought Believe would be a nice metallic with gold-tones that would compliment me. But true-gold Nefertiti was sooo beautiful and it was much more popular. Of course, since it was more well known, ppl responded w/ Nefertiti. And that's what I got. I regretted it as soon as I applied it.

Nefertiti

(3 thin coats)

This is made up of gold and silver shimmer. It applies very nicely and would be opaque in 2 normal coats. Dries quickly.

I take most of my polish photos at night so here is a day time photo to get a more accurate idea of what it looks like on me (pictured w/ Zoya's Yasmeen).

Huge pic for polish detail


Believe

(3 thin coats).

This is a champagne metallic. It applies (and behaves) pretty much exactly like Nefertiti.

Daytime pic


I think this is just such a pretty and feminine color.

This is a pic of my rarely seen, often used right hand. My left hand fell victim to some impromptu swatching. This is after almost 48 hours of wear and there are NO signs of decay.

Huge pic for polish detail


P.S. Today is my birthday and I'm giving myself the world's best birthday present; I'm going to South East Asia for 3 and half weeks. I leave in a few days!