Saturday, November 14, 2009

Happy Saturday!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!! I haven't seen the sun for almost 5 days now and I feel like I'm racing against daylight to get a good capture of my nails. In addition, I experienced two really tragic breaks since the last time I posted. I actually left my nails in that awful state and only painted them once since then. Yesterday I finally filed all my nails down to nubbins and gave them some extra care. They're so short and haven't been this short in such a long time, that it feels weird typing and at first they even hurt!! So I'm posting a back logged nail of the day. Essie Greenport:



This is from their North Fork collection released this past spring. Definitely a unique shade from Essie. Lately, Essie's formula has gotten better!! I've always liked their brushes, but sometimes they suck at opacity. Here it is shown with two coats over a base and topped with Nubar Diamont. These muted, dusty shades have been popular for a while now and is perfect for days when I want to feel chic, and not too overstated. Looking at my past manis makes me miss my long nails very very much and hope that they grow back quickly!