Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Study Break! OPI Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees

I'm in the midst of a short break from reading and thought I'd share a few things. My NOTD will be at the end of this entry, so please scroll down if you don't want to read an unfortunate tirade about graduate school.

So far, I HATE graduate school. The funny thing is that I don't really feel too overloaded or stressed, even with 4 classes, because I've working very hard to keep on a schedule (I'm a week ahead in the readings for each class). What I hate is the fact that my program is NOTHING like I thought it would be. I'm not alone in this as some of my fellow (new) classmates have expressed this same sentiment. I have no idea what I'm doing and my department treats everyone as though we should already be experts on these subjects. I have read and re-read the material so many times yet it is just not clicking for me - and I had no idea that my program would head in this direction. Furthermore, the administration at my school is absolutely reprehensible. I come from a school where the administration (I'm talking about the registrar, admissions, bursar, financial aid, etc.) were very helpful and often went above and beyond their means, to a school where emails are not even returned.

I am disappointed and scared now, because with this direction my department has embarked on and in which I have absolutely no background, I have no idea what I will write about for my final papers. I don't even have the vocabulary that my older classmates/professors have and I have a very good vocabulary! I feel very lost and afraid that I've made a huge mistake in choosing this school and I have a feeling that I will not excel in these subjects as well as I would like to, potentially jeopardizing my chances to get into a good doctorate program in the future.

Now I am struggling with a no-buy because buying things would make me feel better and I *cue the whining* waaaaaannnnt China Glaze glitters, Chanel Jade, and the new MACs! Grrrrr.

I apologize for that very long tirade. Now, on to better things, my NOTD!

Last night I did my tips in OPI Suede Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees. I found the formula very hard to work with as it dries super fast and if you don't hurry you wind up with uneveness and messiness. I put a topcoat on it so that it would last longer than a matte mani. Unfortunately, this afternoon BOTH of my thumbs chipped badly so I removed the thumb polish and instead put on the original Suzi Skis, the non-matte. What I have now is (in my opinion) a very interesting mani that I love!

This is 2 coats of Suede Suzi and 3 coats of regular Suzi. As usual, click the pic to see it large and in charge.

Kitchen light:


Living room light:


With flash:


Well, what do you think? Weird? Cool? Thanks for reading!