Saturday, September 12, 2009

Now and Then

Let's explore the changes in my nails over the last year...

June 2008 - OPI Russian Navy


August 2008 - OPI My Private Jet


September 2008 - Sephora by OPI Never Enough Shoes


August 2009 - Urban Decay AC/DC


August 2009 - The Icing Roger That


This post demonstrates how applicable the phrase "practice makes perfect" is to nail polish. As you can see, only just a year ago my nails looked like hell after application!! My cuticles were dry and cut and hurt! So here are some of my tips about nail application that may help those of you just getting into nails:

- Apply your nail polish s-l-o-w-l-y. I am the least patient person on earth and it took me awhile to get the hang of a slow application. Applying slowly ensures less mistakes and therefore less cleanup!
- When I do make mistakes, I usually clean up either in the shower the next morning or I apply cuticle oil all over my cuticles and then clean up with a cuticles stick.
- Creative Nail Design Cuticle Eraser (most beauty supply stores) and California Mango Mend (Sally Beauty Supply) are my HG (holy grail) cuticle products. I also use cuticle oil most mornings.
- I use Nubar Nu Nails as my basecoat, which has proven to be very effective for my nails. Remember, however, that everyone is different - just because one basecoat works for me doesn't necessarily mean that it will work for you. Keep trying!

Thanks for reading!