Thursday, September 10, 2009

Anti-feminist nail polish? :P

My ManGlaze order arrived today. I guess it's turning into one of those weeks where things just work. (I'm dreading the week that doesn't. LOL)

I'm excited about everything that's come in in the past few days and can't wait to get to swatching. However, I'm also loathe to remove a perfectly good mani and even though I did a half-assed job with ChG's Calypso Blue, it has been pretty good to me for four days. I'm not even wearing topcoat. Downside? One of the drawers of my filing cabinet is now so heavy, I've (inevitably) broken a nail opening it. See? The universe loves balance. Ah well. New Konadicures coming soon. I promise!

. . .

I've gotta say that I absolutely love the artwork on the ManGlaze bottles. It's kinda cliché in its "manliness", sure, but striking just the same. Kinda reminds me of those old MAD magazines...and a bit like the graffiti I can see from the subway. (I love graffiti art. I will likely commission a graffiti artist to paint an entire wall in my house one day.)


There is, of course, something decidedly anti-feminist about slathering one's tips and toes in a product named by its drunken creators as "ManGlaze" and inspired by just that. Of course, wearing any sort of cosmetic has often been construed as anti-feminist. Kinda makes me a walking contradiction now doesn't it? It's a good thing I don't buy into other people's definitions of what a "good feminist" ought to be... I might have to start scratching too many of my favourite things off my list.

What say you guys?
  • Love ManGlaze, love the image.
  • Love ManGlaze, hate the name.
  • Mattes aren't nail polish.
  • Nail polish? What's nail polish?

- mKat